I walked into my classroom after my lunch break and saw this on my board. My kid knows how to use the very expensive Epson smarty-pants projector/document reader thing that cost thousands of dollars, and that even my students have very limited access to. (The other funny thing about it is that I have a student named Isabella and everyone in my class tried to pin it on her--but I know that Isabella and she would never do something as brazen--or obvious-- as this. Haha. Classic second grader antics.)
I'm not sure if this is funny or a sad commentary on the state of the world...but Isabella loves to play school at home. One day I found her daily school "schedule" scribbled out on a piece of paper. Allow me to translate--
Today's Schedule:
Writing
Reading
Recess
Art
Math
Singing
Lunch Break
Practice Lockdown
Scavenger Hunt
Home
Lockdown drills are a sad realty on school campuses. It scares me a lot more than it scares her...to Isabella it is just part of the routine (although they don't have lockdown drills daily at school).


No comments:
Post a Comment