Sunday, March 13, 2016

2015-2016 School Pictures


Matthew's first-ever school picture. (Preschool). When I got to school that morning to pick him up, most of the kids in the class were rolling around on the floor, while the photographer and teachers were desperately trying to wrap up the photo shoot. But they managed to get this picture of Matthew--future football player (although he seems to love soccer).
 

And here is Isabella's class picture. (2nd grade). This year Isabella has two teachers: Mrs. Holbrook and Mrs. Tinloy, both of whom are close to retirement. I love that they still throw in a little "old school" education into the mix. Isabella comes home singing folk songs, has learned how to code words phonetically, and the other day I heard her reciting the words to the story Tikki Tikki Tembo.

She also knows her way around her math facts. And I will be the first to say it: I like math practices under the common core standards. (at least the curriculum used at our school)

Wha???!!!

That's right. This kid is going to understand math concepts far better than I ever did, and I am all for that.










No comments: