Sunday, June 16, 2013

Last Day

Isabella's last day of preschool was on May 30th and celebrated with a school-wide field trip to Scientopia. My camera's battery died after I took this one picture of Matthew playing in the ball pit. oops. I am truly sad that her preschool experience is over. It has been so lovely.  Each child was sent home with a folder of work they had done during the year and a mug they made. I noticed mugs with pictures of faces and dinosaurs. Here's Isabella's:
 She calls it: "A Hurricane of Colors"
There were also some portraits done. Here's one of her family and friends. The big orange blob is me. I'm so glad I have such a large presence in her life.
My last day of school was on June 4. This my last year at Browns Valley--my teaching partner is returning full-time next year. I have been sooooo lucky to have had that position for so long, they are not easy to come by. My last day involved a field day activity for nearly two hours in the morning and yearbook signing after that. I parked a chair outside my classroom door, while all the students in the school roamed around collecting signatures. Being a teacher is sometimes like being a rock star to little people. Case in point: a former student of mine, now in the fourth grade, asked me to sign his yearbook in the "V.I.P." section (a small space sectioned off by marker on the back of his cover that he had labeled "V.I.P").  Rock on.

(beautiful flowers above given to me by Ella, one of my students)

No comments: