Sunday, December 1, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things (Fall Edition)


 
The vineyards and their changing colors.
For some reason this year, I really noticed, and I think it's beautiful!
 Stacks of fluffy pancakes (and being so impressed with their fluffiness, that a photo must be taken)
Isabella photography.
(I especially love those little toes that crept in.)
Isabella homework.
Ok. Kindergarten has been a challenge. She loves it, BUT 5 hours of school, 5 days a week is exhausting--for all of us. It's been quite the transition, I must say, and I have developed some serious opinions about the direction of kindergarten in our educational system, but it is what it is and we all must survive it.

Isabella has taken off with reading, but struggles with writing, so little gems like this are lovely. Her homework was to draw picture of things that begin with the letter "F". She chose "find" and drew a picture of her looking for something. Next was the word "fall". I got excited because it is Fall and I, too, love Fall!! She wrote the word! And drew a tree! And then she drew herself FALLing out of the tree. (Wrong "fall", mom.)  After that was "fish" and finally "frog". 

I said, "Do you know how spell frog? What letter does it start with?"
She writes an "r". 
"Isabella, what letter does 'frog' start with?"
She writes an "i". And then a "b", "i", and "t".  ("ribit").
 Brother/sister reading time.
 Brother was quickly banished to the other side of the couch.
 The dinosaur/animal parades I stumble upon throughout the house. 
 Dress up with friends. This is Nina--wearing princess shoes and a stethoscope.
 Isabella and Maya (princesses, moms, artists, and whatever else they were pretending to be.)

No comments: