Monday, May 10, 2010

A Little Less (Dinner) Conversation, Please

Dinner. My favorite meal of the day, especially at Nana and Papa's house. I like pasta, most of the time with a red sauce, unless I specify otherwise by shaking my head and hands and whining loudly. This indicates that I instead would like my pasta with butter and Parmesan cheese. Put the pasta in a bowl, but don't offer me the bowl. It has to be at least 6 inches away from me and it must be given to me one noodle at a time, preferably by Papa. Shredded carrots are fine, but only if they are dressed in raspberry vinaigrette, not vinegar-y light ranch dressing. The carrots and pasta must be accompanied by baked snap peas and a sippy cup full of milk. If my specifications are met, I promise to eat 1/3 of the food on my plate, and win you over with my adorable smiles and lively dinner conversation.

Signed,

Isabella C. Holsten

2 comments:

Ms. Green Eyes said...

That little Isabella is too cute!

Sunny said...

She really is such a cute girl. And a funny one. At least you have it all figured out. Which is impressive considering you have to be able to eyeball 6" for that pasta bowl. And that you were able to figure out you needed 6" and not 5" or 7". You're a good mom. I am not joking around here.