Today's pony tale is the one that marks an important day in my days of motherhood. For today is the day that I first combed my daughter's hair into two ponytails.
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Pony Tales
On mornings when I put Isabella in the jogger to go for a run we always make at least one stop to visit the pony in the pen just off of Coombsville Ave. A wee bit filthy and quite possibly depressed, that pony, on occasion, will acknowledge our friendly calls with a snort. We gladly appreciate his/her effort, knowing it must be hard living in a small, muddy pen which he/she must share with a couple of chickens and a rooster. But this is not the pony tale I wish to share today.
Today's pony tale is the one that marks an important day in my days of motherhood. For today is the day that I first combed my daughter's hair into two ponytails.
My theory has been that since Isabella was so bald for so long as a baby, she's simply not used to her hair being touched. So the combing, gathering, pulling, and bundling of her wisps into elastics was probably as awkward a feeling for her as it was for me to do.
Today's pony tale is the one that marks an important day in my days of motherhood. For today is the day that I first combed my daughter's hair into two ponytails.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So adorable! Welcome to the world of losing ponytail holders! :)
she is beautiful first of all! i wish you lived nearby because Kajsia needs more lady playmates. i love that you do her hair too. Hope you're well!
Post a Comment