Sunday, February 15, 2015

A Few of My Favorite Things: Isa and Matthew Edition

 
This girl + a garden hose + a super hero cape made from Daddy's old pants= Pure joy

And this one is where she tried to ride her scooter in the vineyard.

When she smiles, she smiles with her whole face, which mom pointed out to me once, and it's become one of my favorite things about her. 
I was trying to make my bed one morning--an impossible task with two kids, so I gave up and threw the bedding on the floor. They had the best time wrestling around in all the comforters and pillows. Matthew started getting a little too rough in his play, so I suggested to Isabella that she do something quiet and see if Matthew would follow along. When I returned to my room, this is what I found. Isabella had pulled out books for both of them, and wrapped him up in blankets so he'd be comfortable. She even set up a pillow barricade for Matthew so he wouldn't hit the door.

 And then there is this one. He started Primary in January. We thought about transitioning him out of his nursery class at church slowly--having him go into the 3 year old class for singing time only, but at the last minute, we decided to keep him in his peer group. I'm so glad we did. His teachers are a young, married couple who work so well with him, and he is doing great!
Matthew's new favorite movie is The Music Man. He loves the opening scene with the train, and even does the part of the conductor when he waves his arm. He loves the singing and dancing and the marching band at the end. He will request the movie by waving his index fingers in the air and singing, "ooh, ooh, ooh". He'd watch it everyday, if he could. Oh, but that spells trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble...
And finally, Isabella celebrates her 100th day of first grade by making a fruit loop necklace. She organized 10 groups of 10 fruit loops, strung them all on a string, with little tags separating each group, which she decorated with a jewel sticker (totally her idea).







No comments: