Isabella participated in her first jog-a-thon at school. We went all out
and asked all of one family (mine) to pledge money (thanks mom and
dad!). She ran a total of 33 laps! Matthew and I cheered her on.
This fundraiser is serious stuff. I actually overheard another parent yell the following to their 5 year old: "Walking?! Why are you walking? You're losing money!" They were totally serious.
Her favorite part was the frozen yogurt sticks and granola bars after the running part was over. My favorite part was hanging around afterward and getting to see Isabella at recess playing with her friends. They set up an obstacle course using hula hoops. Matthew tried to make it more challenging for them by lifting up the hoops...

The best thing was me witnessing how caring the yard duty teacher was to Isabella after she took a spill on the pavement. The teacher had no idea I was sitting right there watching. I thought Isabella might be pouring on a little bit of the drama, knowing I was sitting there, so I intentionally sat back a bit to see if she'd get up on her own. But Mrs. Morris swooped in and picked her up, gave her a hug and a band aid (even though she didn't even have a scrape). I thanked Mrs. Morris later. I'm so glad to know that there are teachers like her, loving and nurturing my kid when she's at school.





No comments:
Post a Comment