Sunday, October 27, 2013

Matthew The Scientist

I recently heard a report on NPR about how it's now believed that babies actually think like little scientists as opposed to the old belief that they are little, irrational monsters. (I'm paraphrasing here). Well, duh, I say. Matthew has been testing the law of gravity for more than half his life. He loves to drop, roll, or throw anything off the table, or bed, or his high chair to see what happens.  He loves to get us to imitate his actions at the dinner table and he loves to repeat things over an over to get a reaction. And then there are the moments when I realize it has become very, very quiet in the house, and I know The Scientist is up to something and must be checked on.
I had filled the tub for Isabella's bath. I'd like to think that this was his first sink/float experiment, but alas, I think sometimes The Scientist just enjoys being a little irrational monster. (and one who took great pleasure in seeing him mom react to the loss of a month's worth of TP)

No comments: