Friday, December 28, 2012

The Snow House

This was our 3rd annual trip to Truckee with my parents, only this year we stayed at a different Snow House. The real snow storms came a week after we left, but there was plenty to play with while we were there!
Here Isabella is brushing the snow off the tree, like it's her job.
We found time to decorate a gingerbread house (which took two adults and one four year old), and write a letter to Santa.
Isabella's letter to Santa:
Dear Santa,
My name is Isabella-wella. I am 4 years old and I live in Napa, CA. I have been trying to be very good this year. A few of the good things I have done are: 1) closed the doors very carefully. 2) say "please" and "thank you" for food. 3) help by pulling the truck back if it's stuck in the mud. What I would most like for Christmas this year is: 1) a dump truck 2) a digger. I promise to leave you a special treat of milk and cookies when you come to visit me Christmas Eve. Please give Mrs. Claus a hug from me.
Love,
Isabella (with her trademark single "I" signature)
 We attempted a few times to get a decent family picture. Why is this such a hard task? Why?
 We also ate the best burgers in town.
 Isabella downed a few beverages. So many to choose from.
This picture actually looks kind of gross, but let me tell you...
Mark and I got away for a date night to our favorite diner in Truckee, while my parents watched the kids (thanks Mom and Dad!). We shared a crab and lobster mac n' cheese and it was seriously the best mac n' cheese I think I've ever tasted.
Out to play in the snow again. We love our winter trips to Truckee!!

No comments: