Friday, May 11, 2012

Birthday Girl

This one was big, at least for me. She's no longer a baby. Not even a toddler. Her official classification is Preschooler. She's discovered her power, and unleashed her personality. She's a force, a delight, and she's my love. Isabella Claire is four!
 Aunt Donna brought Isabella gear for her newest passion: exploring the great outdoors. Items included a magnifying glass so that everyone can see her up close, of course.
 And a pair of binoculars for watching others open her birthday presents.
I attempted some fancy pancakes to combine dinner and dessert, but they were pretty bad. Hopefully she won't remember the all-I-got-were-some-lousy-pancakes-for-my-birthday, birthday.

We did make some fun hot air balloon decorations, however.
Nana and Papa got her a new bike and boy was she in hog heaven. Speaking of hogs...
 I tried to make up for the pancakes by making the piggy cupcakes for her party, which wasn't really a party, just a play date with cupcakes. (I really need to get on top of this birthday celebration stuff, so she won't hate me when she's 40.)

One of my favorite memories of Isabella in Year 3:  Overhearing her shout "Eye is for Isabella!" as she simultaneously (and quite enthusiastically) pokes Mark in the eyeball.  Maybe it was my sleep deprivation kicking in but it pretty much put me into hysterics. As it is now as I type.

No comments: