Sunday, September 11, 2011

All Set! A Short and Sweet Summer Recap...

We didn't do much this summer. In fact, we really did nothing and I LOVED it for that reason. After summer school ended, Mark was able to spend 4 weeks at home, just hanging out with us around the house. Isabella was his constant shadow. When she realized Mark was doing yard work out back, she ran around the to the front of the house, threw on a pair of boots, grabbed her mini shovel, and sprinted back around to the back yelling, "Ok Daddy, I'm all set!"
When she wasn't working in the yard, she was inventing new fashion trends...
We made several trips to Costco. Bored yet? Let me tell you Costco shopping was seriously one of the highlights (for me) on account of the fact that they have these electronic scooters. Since I'm to take it easy during my pregnancy, these little miracle machines allowed me to get out of the house for a good long stretch and just cruise.
We attended Mill Valley's Old Fashioned Picnic, celebrating the library's 100th b'day. Hot dogs and sody pop for a $1.00. Music, hula hoops, and 3 legged races. Good times.
Our friends the Whittons visited from Washington. Isabella and Naomi seemed to pick up right where they left off a year ago when we visited them in WA. So fun!
Nana took Isabella to her first feature length film: The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. I don't know if she thought she was going to see a movie or be in a movie judging by the way she dressed herself.
Back outside helping Mark change a flat tire. Engineer hat required.

2 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

Did I read that right? Take it easy during your PREGNANCY? Congratulations!!! I'm so so happy for you!

Sunny said...

Yes. Congratulations! When is your baby coming? Harper wants to type her name: Harper. Harper