Friday, August 8, 2008

Our mini trip to SoCal

So the idea of a vacation (even a short one) is so much more fun than the reality of traveling with a four month old. (Actually, Isabella was probably the least cranky of us all. ) In the end we were glad we went but accepted the fact that 3 days away was the absolute most we could handle. :)

The purpose of our trip was to visit Cousin Jack for his 8th year birthday party!! The pool party was Ninja-themed. (Kudos to Christa for the attention to detail and all the delicious Ninjian food).
How Isabella passes the time during the long car ride. That and sleeping. zzzzzzz
Lest you think Isabella is really a snowbird on her way South to Florida...
I don't know why I felt like propping the kid up in front of a bunch of cans of pea soup.
It's Anderson's and they're famous for their pea soup, what else is there to do?

Nana and the babe.
A bunch of firsts for Isabella: First toe dip in a pool, first toe dip in the ocean, first toe dig in the sand. Isn't life grand?


Surviving the heat by eating her shirt.
The pool party!

Ninja Jack
The cake!
Christa the Queen of all things Ninja...
Meeting cousin Erin for the first time!!
There's that darn snowbird again...

2 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

Oh no!! When were you here?! We've been in So Cal since the 5th... I hope we didn't just miss you!! Cuz I want to snuggle that baby so badly! Miss you! WE hung out with Hna Noble the other day which was super fun.

Brooke Wentzel Stephens said...

Isabella just keeps getting cuter!! OK, since I don't have kids. What exactly was hard?